Hana Satin Skirt Blue Grey from Ahlvar Gallery is a signature piece, made in a heavy satin/silk stretch and cut on bias for the perfect drape. This midi skirt contains a double layered elastic waistline to make fitting more comfortable. Team with a heavy knitted sweater or an oversized t-shirt for the everyday look, or with your silk blouse for the festivities.
Fabric: 95% silk, 5% elastane
Silk is one of the most exclusive materials you can possibly wear. It has an amazing finish and falls beautifully on the body, at the same time; it is both timeless and luxurious. One of its many other strengths is also the fact that silk is a breathable material, which means that you don’t have to wash it every time it has been worn. Silk is although a fragile material that needs to be handled with care. To keep it in great condition and make it last as long as possible we recommend the following:
1. Steam it
If the blouse isn’t dirty, steam it!
* A steamer kills 99% of all bacteria. Meaning, if you don’t have a spot on your silk garment, don’t wash it, just steam it and it will feel like new again.
* You can’t burn your silk garment which is extremely easy with an ironer.
* As an opposite to the ironer there won’t be any sharp creases.
* Bring it when you travel, it’s super light and takes very little space.
2. Wash it
If you need to wash it, you can either choose dry-clean or use the hand wash program on your washing machine.
If you choose the hand wash program, please make sure you do the following:
* Use a detergent that is free from enzymes, preferably a silk detergent or a special detergent for fine and fragile items (ordinary detergent damages the fat that gives silk its soft feeling).
* Make sure the cup where you normally have detergent is cleaned so that old powder doesn’t affect your silk piece.
* Make sure all zippers are closed and wash the silk piece by itself.
* Once the garment is washed, hang it directly on a hanger to dry. In this case, you won’t get any extra creases.