The GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag is the first pragmatic solution that prevents microplastic fibres from entering rivers and oceans through the washing of synthetic textiles. The broken fibres collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
It reduces fiber shedding and protects your clothes.
– It filters the few fibers that do break and doesn’t lose any fibers itself.
– It’s a daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals.
Material: untreated polyester (PET)
Made in Europe
Size M: 50 x 74 cm
100% plastic free packaging
A large part of our clothing contains synthetic materials. During washing, tiny plastic fibres break and enter rivers and oceans via the waste water and thus harm our environment. This is exactly where the GUPPYFRIEND washing bag comes in. According to the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, on average 86% fewer fibres of synthetic clothing break when washed with the washing bag. The fibres that do break collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
This is how you use the Guppyfriend washing bag
- Fill to about ⅔ full so that the textiles can easily move around in the bag
- Add other (non-synthetic) garments or a second filled Guppyfriend to avoid imbalance
- Wash at 40°c maximum
- Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
- Remove coarse dirt and pet hair before washing
- Slide the zipper into the “garage” provided at the end of the zipper
- Rinsing under running water – so that the collected microplastic fibres are not washed into the environment
- Washing sharp-edged objects – to avoid damaging the material
- Ironing – this can also damage the material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer – broken fibres can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight – to avoid damaging the material